2 Timothy 3:1-3
But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For people will be:
- Lovers of self. Philippians 2:3-4 Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility consider one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.
- Lovers of money. The bible says that the love of money is the root of all evil (1 Timothy 6:10).
- Boastful (Boasting means to sing your own praise). See Proverbs 27:1, James 4:16) Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord (1 Corinthians 1:31).
- Arrogant defined is showing an offensive attitude of superiority. Romans 12:3 says don’t think more highly of yourself than you ought to.
- Slanderers. Matthew 12:36 says on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak.
- Disobedient to parents. The bible says to honor your father and your mother (Exodus 20:12).
- Ungrateful defined is to not be ready to show appreciation for and to return kindness. Galatians 6:10 So then, while we have opportunity, let’s do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith.
- Unholy defined is to be wicked. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor those habitually drunk, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
- Unloving. The bible clearly teaches us that we are to love (1 John 4:7&12).
- Irreconcilable defined is findings or points of view that are so different from each other that they cannot be made compatible. We are supposed to be in unity (1 Corinthians 1:10, 1 Peter 3:8 & Philippians 2:2)
- Malicious gossips are those who intend to do harm with rumors. Ephesians 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
- Without self-control is without the ability to control oneself, in particular one’s emotions and desires especially in difficult situations. Proverbs 25:28 A man without self-control is like a city broken into and left without walls.
- Brutal defined is savagely violent. Romans 12:18 teaches us to live at peace with all men.
- Haters of good. 1 John 4:20 says whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar.
- Treacherous means guilty of betrayal or deception. Galatians 5:22 the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.
- Reckless is not thinking or caring about the consequences of your actions. Proverbs 14:16 One who is wise is cautious and turns away from evil, but a fool is reckless and careless.
- Conceited defined is excessively proud of oneself; vain. The bible says pride goes before destruction (Proverbs 16:18). God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble (James 4:6).
Galatians 5:26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.
- Lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of godliness although they have denied its power; avoid such people as these. We are to put God first and do exactly what His word says. Matthew 7: 22-23 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; leave Me, you who practice lawlessness.’
If any of these end time traits are yours and you have succumbed to the world’s view on them, please know that there is still hope for you. Repent of any known sin and draw near to God. He alone can save you from the depths of hell and from any other sickness or disease. If you turn to Him now, you will find that He can lift you up out of the miry pit of sin and despair (Psalm 40:2). He alone can set your feet on the Rock. If you do not know the Lord Jesus please turn to Him today. He is waiting with arms open wide. Read my blog titled, You Never Let Us Go to find the way to true peace, joy and happiness. https://thefathersfeet.wordpress.com/2020/01/07/you-never-let-us-go/
We love You and ascribe all glory to You. Mold us and make us more like You, so that we can live an undefeated life (Isaiah 64:8). Let Your children rise up against the darkness with the power of Your word and Your Holy Spirit leading and guiding us. May we all shine forth with Your glorious fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23). We need You, for through You, we can do all things (Philippians 4:13). Help us to lead others to the truth of Your word. All other ground is sinking sand. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.