Today’s word is coming from Revelation chapter 2. You can read that chapter here. Revelation 2 NKJV – The Loveless Church – “To the angel – Bible Gateway
We need to check our hearts today. Have we left our devotion to Christ? Have we lost the love we have for Him? Is He the center of everything that we do? Are we on fire to fulfil His purposes? There is still hope. We are still on this side of eternity. Here is what needs to be done:
- 1.) Remember your first love. Think about how you used to be in close relation with God.
- 2.) Repent of present lack of love and or devotion. Change your attitude.
- 3.) Return to Him. Do the things that showed your love in times past. Spend time in His word, prayer, fellowship with others and testify of the goodness of God.
To those who overcome we shall be rewarded by Jesus! Our rewards are such:
- We shall be fed from the tree of life.
- We shall be given a crown of life.
- We shall have a new name (acceptance and approval).
- We will have sustenance and life.
- We will have power over the nations.
- We will be given the morning star (eternal presence with Christ Himself).
Jesus searches our hearts and will give every man according to His works.
How precious You are to us. How very much we love You. Thank You for such great love that You have shown us. Our hearts cannot understand the depth of love that You have for Your creation. Indeed it is so vast. It is not Your will that any should perish (John 3:16). You have provided the Way for all to come to You, in the acceptance of Your Son Jesus. You call and call for the world to repent and return to You. It is hard for us to understand how You love us while we are still sinners. Before we ever came to You, You loved us. We pray that we would love more like that. Help us to love others based on what You have shown us in Your word and not on our own personal feelings. We want the strength to love our enemies. Thank You for helping and guiding us along the way. We pray always in Jesus’ name. Amen.
If you do not know Jesus but would like to know more about Him, including how you can be saved, please read the following blog titled, You Never Let Us Go. God bless. https://thefathersfeet.wordpress.com/2020/01/07/you-never-let-us-go/