Titus 2:1-10 NKJV But as for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine:
- 2 that the older men be sober, reverent (respectful), temperate (showing self-restraint), sound in faith, in love, in patience;
- 3 the older women likewise, that they be reverent (respectful) in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things
- 4 that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 to be discreet (considerate), chaste (innocent-pure), homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.
- 6 Likewise, exhort the young men to be sober-minded (serious and sensible),
- 7 in all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works; in doctrine showing integrity, reverence, incorruptibility, 8 sound speech that cannot be condemned, that one who is an opponent may be ashamed, having nothing evil to say of you.
- 9 Exhort bondservants to be obedient to their own masters, to be well pleasing in all things, not answering back (talking back), 10 not pilfering (stealing), but showing all good fidelity (loyalty · allegiance · obedience · constancy), that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in all things.
(Definitions and some synonyms to words in parenthesis are mine).
Why do we do these things listed above? We do them out of love for God and so people do not say bad things about the word of God because of our lifestyle. We came out of the world when we accepted Christ as our Savior. Let’s not walk in the same manner as the world does. We are to come out (Revelation 18:4), be separate (2 Corinthians 6:17) and be holy (1 Peter 1:16).
You are so holy. We cannot say enough how righteous, good and true that You are. Words are not enough. We bring our hearts to You today. As messed up and broken as we become sometimes, we give it all to You. Help us to respond to every situation with Your love. Today we ask that the older men in our lives would be sober and respectful. We ask that they would grow in their walk with You and that they would be secure in their faith, in love and in patience. We also bring the older women in our lives before You. We ask that You would help them to be respectful in their behavior. Please grow in them and keep them from drunkenness or from slandering others. Oh, Lord, that they would teach the younger women Godly things. We need strong women who will teach the younger women to love their husbands and their children. Help the older ones to teach the younger women to be considerate of others and to be pure in Your eyes. We ask that our young men would be taught to be serious about their relationship with You and with others. Oh, Lord, that the men in our lives would show integrity and faithfulness to You. Let their speech be so that none can condemn them for what they say. We pray for them to have a hunger and thirst to know You more and more. We ask for all those in our family that our working that You would bless and protect them. Give them the strength that they need to avoid any works or words of the flesh. We ask that all of Your children may adorn the doctrine of Yours in all things. Oh, Lord, please let everything we say and everything we do be pleasing in Your sight. You are our Strength and our Redeemer. May Your kingdom come and Your will be done. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
If you do not know Jesus but would like to know more about Him, including how you can be saved, please read the following blog titled, You Never Let Us Go. God bless. https://thefathersfeet.wordpress.com/2020/01/07/you-never-let-us-go/